Thursday, April 30, 2009

Caveman Car and some other random items of interest..

Okay, I decided to just post all kinds of random stuff up here...We have Reverend Billy and I up to shenanigans on St. Marks Place..He had me sing a few lines of a song for a music video they are putting together..I think they are screening the video this sunday at his headquarters around 9:00 p.m. at 250 Lafayette St, if I'm remembering correctly..All that info should be on his website and facebook and all that..I want to go so I can see how this video came out..They had a lot of neighborhood characters sing I think..That photo was taken by Jefferson Siegel.

Then there's the poster up at C Squat that says Polka Dots are awesome and hypocrites are lame..I really like that poster for some reason! Then I spotted the crazy Caveman Car parked on First Avenue a few days ago..Does its greatness really need to be expounded on? The dinosaurs and Barney looking like he's on acid glued to the roof, the primitive art painted on the sides, the leopard fun fur all over it..I mean, REALLY people!!! Does it GET any better than this?

And speaking of acid, the new DEAD are on tour and in the area and there are smelly hippies everywhere! The hippie on the bench had his headphones on and was playing air guitar for hours across from where I was sitting in Tompkins..What was he jammin' out to? My guess is either an old Grateful Dead SPACE jam, Peter Frampton's COMES ALIVE album, or maybe that weird numerology album that Cat Stevens put out decades ago. Now THAT shit was weird!

I stole the photo of Hotdog and I funning around with the cops on Avenue A from Bob Arihood who pretty much inspired me to start blogging in the first place. Anyone who doesn't read his blog already, should. Hotdog dragged me over to the cop car and told them I was her BFF. They told me they thought I was her daughter. Then she bummed a cigarette off of them. Good times!

The last pic is just a nice shot of Biker Bill and I on Avenue A. It was taken by Lorcan Otway. So that's the news for now. I can't think of any clever way to end this post so i'll just write the word ASSNECK because that word is funny.

10 comments:

  1. Perhaps you end every post with Assneck? Could be your Good Night and Good Luck."

    Agreed -- more people need to be reading Neither More Nor Less.

    Hotdog asked me to slowdance with her once at Lucy's. I wish I could remember what the song was. Afterwards, she went outside and passed out. It didn't have anything to do with my junior-high-level dancing. I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eden that car is great. My Dad had the same model when I was a kid and while I was sitting in the back seat I broke the ashtray on the side. It made this crazy cracking snapping sound but I played it of like it was something outside. But I got away with it but I thought since it is like 25 years later I thought I would confess. Sorry Dad about the ashtray. A little off subject and his car didn't look that crazy. See you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pants, your dad just contacted me..You are in BIG TROUBLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Eden! I once saw a newscaster say,"goodnight,and Godspeed!"...maybe you could end your blogs with,"goodnight,and 'assneck!'...";or "assclown"...Yup....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe man am I grounded. No beer, no T.V. and no Shayne's penis

    ReplyDelete
  6. i saw the guy in the african billowy shirt, too. i noticed him cuz my mormon grandma in utah had that exact shirt in the '80s and she'd wear it on really hot days.

    great bob photos of you; he's such a fantastic photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was a kid, I too broke the ashtray on the rear door of my dad's car...he beat me unconscious, but I got him back: I poured out his fifth of bourbon he had stashed under the dashboard for that night and replaced it with Listerine™. Man, he sure was sore; but, being that it was Christmas, I kinda said I saw Santa Claus pour it out, of course not realizing that my uncle, who had dressed as Santa for a sick children's party at a hospital, borrowed my dad's car to go to the hospital earlier that day...I don't know what happened after that, but I haven't seen my uncle since? My dad has mellowed quite a bit since then, as well; I guess prison 'ill do that...it's amazing what triggers nostalgia...those were the days, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool Brett small world my name is really Brett too. Crazy small world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright!!!! The world can't have too many Bretts! (At least the ones who spell their names with two Ts! The ones who spell their names with one T are not to be trusted! And, hey, what's up with those people who have the last name Brett? What are they trying to prove?)... The name is gaining in popularity and, I have calculated that, if the current rate of Brett growth continues, by 2196 one in three people will be named Brett! Then, the world will be ours!!!
    Ah-HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I met a BRET once. He was very rude, he also tried to shoplift a bobblehead toy of Babs Streisand from K-Mart along with emitting a very strong odor of fried onions and sex baloney!

    ReplyDelete