Tuesday, October 20, 2009

East River String Band makes Page 6 of the NY Post today!

So fucking funny! Our gig with Robert Crumb this Saturday the 24th is in the Page 6 section of the NY Post today! All my celebrity dreams are coming true at long last..Can't wait to stumble out of a limo with no underwear on so the paparrazi can catch it on film..Then i'll go to Mars Bar for my photo spread..Har! Anyway, I'm excited about the publicity..Gotta go out soon and buy 10 copies and make my mama proud.. Page 6 of the NYPost

5 comments:

  1. Let's see, you got Rolling Stone, the VIllage Voice, and now the Post!!! I thought it was a nice blurb, actually...the way I figure it, I'm about three years away from my 'tell-all' book...I just wonder if I should get the gray out of my hair for the E channel interview?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, just go salt and pepper..and don't wear anything too shiny-it doesn't read well on film. I won't forget the little people who helped me along the way..the midget who tripped me on 1st avenue, the dwarf who puked on my shoe..No, I won't forget them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow — TMZ!

    Congrats on the press!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya' keep a flask a' whiskey in yer boot, see. When ya' cozy up to a celebrity, take a swig and act drunk, then pick a fight and, BAM! You're on every tabloid rag and TV show imaginable. Next thing ya' know, you're playin' the late-night talk shows, see; then it's week-long engagements in Vegas...I can see it now....beeeyoodeefull!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, if I ever achieved real celebrity status, which I highly doubt 'cause how many want to hear old timey string band cover songs, the paps would have a field day with me..The squatting, the drunken moonings, the train hopping across country, the arrests,..the list goes on...I would probably bring all the paparazzi to Ray's and buy them all eggcreams with vodka in them..

    ReplyDelete