Sunday, March 22, 2009

Down with the Sickness

I'm sick so I've been trying to stay indoors..Well, I had to record friday afternoon which went fine due to mass amounts of cold medicine..Then we played last night which went ok, but I felt delirious the whole night..Couldn't wait to come home and lay down. Our new cd is coming along..9 songs down that sound pretty good. Dom Flemons and Eli Smith sat in on banjo and harmonica and sounded great.

There is so much good stuff on youtube..I've been watching all night..I don't know if you can upload stuff from youtube on here-I couldn't figure it out dammit. But I found this great weird film called The Secret Adventures Of Tom Thumb on there in all its entirety..6 parts all together. I LOVE this film-it's beyond creepy. And I saw Little Otik is on there too..that's another strange one. And this bizarro banned cartoon that someone posted.. CreepyShit

7 comments:

  1. When I saw the title of this blog, I thought, 'those young people and their slang language!' Then I realized you're really sick! Lots of Miso soup with scallions, I say...oh, and pomegranate juice (ingested, of course).

    On CreepyShit: when the children were eating the fruit produced by Satan, all I could think about was how Playdo™ used to taste. Remember?...Mark Twain's The Mysterious Stranger (written at the end of his life and published posthumously) is a kind of social commentary on humankind/morality. The history of its publication, disputes of its "true" ending, and scholarly investigation of the content of the original manuscript make for quite a story in their own right.

    I'll have to check out Tom Thumb and Little Otik...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new cd sounds exciting!!Feel better and check my blog--you and John look really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to be releasing the new one on vinyl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that weird cartoon. I highly enjoyed it. Reminded me of a childrens version of early brothers quay work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm..playdo!!! How'd you make the trademark symbol on there?
    Melanie-saw the photo-nice!
    We will be pressing a limited amount of LP's I think...John can't resist..
    Hopefully we'll be done by end of spring/summer..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry Eden!!! I did the ultimate benevolent sacrifice for a good buddy;I sold my soul to Satan,so that you can be well once again;(and I ate the Satan Playdough too!!! It's the shit!!!!)...I look out for my good buddies....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traymark? Traymark? DYoo dongue nee no stingkin' traymark! There are recipes for Playdo™ online!!!!! It's easy!....seriously, though, I have a "character palette" on my Macbook Pro® that gives me all kinds of doodads (post-middle-aged for "thing-a-ma-gigs" or, "gadgettes" as they say en fran├žais!) Anywhoooo, I'll put some on here for ya...get well!

    [ © ® ℗ ™ ℠ ] [ ℅ ] [ £ ] for all those Brits; and,

    for medical purposes: [ ☤ ]

    ReplyDelete