Sunday, May 24, 2009

I Cried When I Wrote This Blog...

Well, we cancelled the show in Tompkins Square Park that was set for tomorrow..The weather authorities predict rain on and off all day. Bah..If a Steely Dan cover band was playing i'd bet the rain wouldn't fall..Speaking of, I have come to the conclusion that the song Deacon Blues is possibly the most ANNOYING song ever written..With lyrics like "make love to these women-languid and bittersweet" and "I cried when I wrote this song, sue me if I play to long," I'm just not sure any song can top this in terms of bringing me to extreme fits of anger. Of course, I don't need to listen to the song every day like I have been..This could solve the anger and annoyance problem..But I can't seem to stop!I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!!!!

I suspect there is a deeper conspiracy going on here than I am aware of. I'm vaguely aware that Steely Dan was formed to drive me slowly insane..but there are dark forces at work here...WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

Either that, or all the Nyquil I drank 20 minutes ago is kicking in..Nighty night!

9 comments:

  1. stop being scared you fucking jew the nazis are not going to be there to get you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo! Stupid weather...

    And if you want to drive yourself insanier, start reading this...

    http://www.steelydandictionary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking forward to hearing you today and taking some photos. Let me know when you reschedule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man! WTF! I just got all of that S.D. stuff out of rattling around in my brain from the last mention of them! And now, it's back to my mind methodically obsessing on hits from Aja: '...so drink your Big-Black- Cow, and get out of here...'; 'drink scotch whiskey all night long (vrrump, tish) and die behind the wheel...' Shit, I didn't even like that LP when it came out! I grew to hate it after playing drums in a commercial club band in '77 and having to play that shit every night (not to mention a pretentious and pompous roommate of mine at the time thought the band were gods and played that SHITE constantly!!! So it was Aja at band practice, in the club and at home! URRRGH!!! At one point, I kept hoping my roommate would 'die behind the wheel!' Pseudo-intellectual types loved that bloated, overproduced--and intellectually self-conscious--crap. It was oh so "urbane" to people who merely "thought" they were hip. It almost made sense that Dylan turned into a born-again Christian after that stuff bounced around on the radio for all of the late '70's
    DO you know how many musicians they had play on that LP????!!!! ***funny side note: Gary Coleman played percussion on that LP; I don't think it is the same person as 'whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?!' But let's pretend, okay? Here's a therapeutic exercise for both of us: everytime that sniveling, limp-wristed, "East Hampton Wannabe Drivel" starts playing in your head, just replace a Fagan line with a Coleman catchphrase...and, voila, from obsessive musical thought to absurdist-post-modernist humor! I also think that obsessive musical phrases going around in one's head reflect a musical mind; so, it just shows you're a natural musician...P.S.-sorry about the cancellation...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it was a nice sunny day so I made the wrong decision..I blame Steely Dan and Gary Coleman. Somehow, together, they managed to destroy my whole day and my chance at fame.
    Brett, there are so many insane thoughts and weird lyrics running around in my head all the time..it's only the little elves that tell me to burn things that keep me sane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made my night, you crack me up. steely dan grate on my nerves like no others....don't get me started on "Hey 19" arrghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Steely Dan and Deacon Blues is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete