Friday, June 5, 2009

Times Ain't Like They Used To Be..

Just a quick post about the Old Timey Music Show John put together that will be airing on Public Access in Manhattan this coming Saturday night.. I guess that means officially Sunday morning but everyone knows 12:30 A.M. is still Saturday night! And it's alright for fighting! Here are the details: Our MNN Public Access show will air this Saturday night..It features East River String Band Playing plus some of our friends awesome bands..like Dom Flemons and Blind Boy Paxton.. Sun, 6/7 at 12:30 AM, channel 57 (Sat night/Sun morning) If you're in Manhattan tune in if you're not all hepped up on goofballs at some dive bar somewhere!

5 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for old radios; aside from looking really dandy (sorry, it's my word for the day), they sound great because they are tube powered...looks like you guys are everywhere spreading your charms and dandy music! And then Chicago next week...man, that's...well, DANDY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I won't be home for that;but congrat's!!! Just in case I do go home,I wonder what channel 57 in Manhattan,translates to on dish network in Brooklyn? I will have to find out...as they rebroadcast things on MNN sometimes as well. Well,anyhow,that is such great stuff and I am very happy for you guys...keep breaking a leg....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dad had one of these old timey radios--it was great--I loved turning the dial and hearing the staticky noise and then a station would come in. Eden I mentioned your blog for details for Ray's fund raiser on Sunday at C-Squat.
    Have a great time on the road with your performances.Check my site for the coverage of the New Orleans Jazz concert on Thursday with some of the great jazz players--Lew Soloff (Blood,Sweat & Tears) and Gary Valente and Art Baron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope my former comments went through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey melanie, you should link to my friend bretts blog. It's misterlittlepants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete