Monday, September 28, 2009

Fourth Street Block Party in the Hands of God.

Here are some pics from the Fourth Street Block Party last weekend..It was okay..just people selling their stuff and advertising their stores stuff..some dance performance was going on which was sorta strange..Later on my friend tried to sneak me in to see the new scary glass Cooper building just so I can see what it looks like from inside the monstrosity-but the mean security lady wouldn't let me in..even after I explained that I just had to void urine.

Then I walked down 9th street and saw the jesus flyer posted in a phone booth..My hands were too small to fit in the hands of Jesus so I had to take off my shoes and put both my hands and feet on the flyer.

Been busy lately trying to promote some gigs East River String Band has in Virginia this weekend..We have our new awesome Crumb artwork which I will post up soon..Hopefully our new album will be out by mid-October.. Here's a link to my bands gig page in case anyone reading this lives in Richmond or Charlottesville, VA..

6 comments:

  1. see the john donne #4 is worth it if just for the spit in my face u jews origin of 'strangelove'.. one time i ran across a critic said u couldnt consider terry southern a regional artist.. obviously this from man never served time in texas.. strangelove, and poltergeist, they were propheecy werent they?

    u could sing the donne in schools and churches and even the papists couldnt object cos he was probly one of em

    bossa

    see: now yr english degree makes perfect sense

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eden,
    Check this out...
    http://rawstory.com/2009/09/subversive-cartoonist-crumb-zaps-bible/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bossa-you so crazy! I knew my college degree would come in handy..get it? HANDY!!! HANDS!!!
    Cool link, anon..John spoke to Robert today and he was in Paris-guess that explains why! He was promoting his book..He will be in NYC in a few weeks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend whose dog is named Jesus. Oh man, she has tried and tried to get him to heel; she's always walking around with him going, "Heel, Jesus! Heel!" So far Jesus has been unsuccessful at heeling, but hopefully one day she'll be able to say, "Jesus heels!" ...You know, if Jesus (the guy who died so I could sin, not the dog) can really heal, one would think he could have provided some much needed assistance in the creation of that flyer! It's really kinda lame. I have to say, the hands look more like Satan's hands to me--oh, oh, the voices are starting, AGAIN!

    I was going to surprise--well, maybe surprise isn't the right phrase...piss off, scare...I don't know--you guys by coming to see you in Richmond on Sunday. Richmond is quite a bit closer than Charlottesville, but it looks like it's all off the itinerary! :-( I won't even be in town this weekend! My mom has been battling cancer and it is at stage 3. She is in the hospital again, so I will be attending to family stuff. I am really bummed out about missing your gigs and even more bummed out about my mom...

    You'll like Charlottesville and Richmond. They are both fairly good music towns. I've played a few gigs in both, and folks are very enthusiastic about live music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be cool if u came ! We ARE playing in Richmond..twice I think on the 4th..it should be on the GIGS link in the above post-maybe you didn't scoll all the way down our gigs page on our band site....but it sounds like have more important stuff going on anyway..sorry about your mom..hope she gets well. If you need a break from the stress we will be at Plan 9 records on the 4th and then later at Legend Brewery I believe..but I hope your mum is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it OK to say that I'm glad that your hands didn't fit?

    ReplyDelete