Monday, July 18, 2011

A brief and sad interlude between italy pics. Mars Bar RIP.

Mars bar is officially closed now. I am so glad i went last night and had a blast with my friends: Tim Shea, Amy, Juggernut and others. I will try to find some pics now to upload as I didn't take any last night. It was a fun, mellow evening with a vibe of "this is the end" in the air for some reason and I enjoyed every minute of it. I will miss this place more than any normal person should miss a bar considering I don't much care for bars really..but this one was special!
NYC just became a lot more boring.

7 comments:

  1. "...this one was special."

    Indeed.

    Now what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where else could you meet an artist such as the one who painted that penis face t shirt? i met more artists/musicians at the mars than any other bar.it was one of the only bars i felt comfortable going into by myself because i would always end up in some sort of conversation with someone...yes sometimes regretfully but more frequently not. the place is too real for Manhattan. manhattan is just not the place for the creative soul anymore...there are pockets of it but that's not how this city is supposed to be...anyway i could go on..viva la mars bar..as it was painted above the door-"thanks for the memories".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to put that penis face shirt up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad that mars bar went just like limbo on 9th b@c years ago ... F^&+ ART LET'S DANCE ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tribute, Eden! Love the top photo. To the Mars Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lisanne said.

    I really don't know of another place where so many different people can come together and coexist. I always met someone new - people I most likely would never encounter anywhere else. And, where else can I perpetually feel 16?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was sad that i came back from Italy early and missed two gigs with Crumb due to time, but now am happy i was at the closing night of Mars. Yes, the place means that much to me!

    ReplyDelete