Sunday, April 28, 2013

I LOVE FUCKING SUMMER IN THE CITY!






Hello and salutations! What a fucking fun weekend this was! So much going on plus the GREAT weather made it amazing! Head out to meet a friend or two and end up meeting a dozen others and running amok!
Despite a wine hangover today I hit Tompkins where I was overwhelmed by the chaos. David Peel was there with his crew singing about yuppies and most of all marijuana since the annual Pot Parade is next weekend! This year it is going to be huge. I am friends with the three comedian hosts..John Murdock, Joey Gay and Jon Savoy. All funny as hell! And besides the headlining act being members of Redman..my friend Killy's band will be performing as well! Check them out here at KILL THE BAND.  So I expect I will know about half of the 600 hundred people that are going to attend this and I will be taking videos along with John who is coming along to watch the madness. I BET IT WILL SMELL LIKE WEED THERE. Amirite? Amirite?
The top pic is some trophy a crackhead was trying to sell on Avenue C last night..he ended up just leaving it when he had no takers. Then there is THAT DAMN BOOK which seems to have been sent to all of NYC as it has appeared inside mailboxes all over town. I meant to grab a copy to read but kept giving them away telling people it was my MANIFESTO.
Then an awesome mural in the hallway of Csquat that my friend did..David Peel doing his thing today in Tompkins, and a mermaid doing some promo stuff for the parade at Coney in June.
Bottom pic is a new sign up at what was Ballaro Bakery for a few months before they closed on east 5th st. That spot seems to have no luck but maybe this will stick.
Looking forward to a warm week of shows, mics, guitar lessons and getting some of my writing critiqued before I go on to edit. Really getting the hang of it now and trying to find my voice to get this book happening.

2 comments:

  1. What?!?! You mean 'The Great Controversy' was NOT your manifesto? ...I think I'm going crazy around here. It seems anybody who is marginally into an alternative lifestyle is either a pill head or is just dull or fricken crazy without any worldliness. Musicians are all into either electric crap or playing classic rock on acoustic (UGH!!!). I'm missing my friends and decent food (although not in that order, necessarily). I mean I love my friends but is it too much to ask to get a variety of whole grains? Or organic vegetables? Or even some decent Thai food?!?! ...Okay, my rant is over....David Peel never seems to age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeeeez.....I thought I saw a comma between "fucking" and "summer" in the headline, and thought your post was goin' in a WHOLE 'nother direction !

    And wasn't that "Great Controversy" about the Citi bikes?

    ReplyDelete