Saturday, May 24, 2014

AHHH SO MUCH STUFF GOING ON RIGHT NOW!!

Holy crap! Been out every night this week for some kind of event or show or party...I have a bag that is shaped like a meat cleaver that I love and have been carrying around for a month now. The only problem with this is tha my little camera doesn't fit in it. Which means crappy iPhone pics and videos for this here blog. Tonight I am hitting La Plaza to see a play that is part of the Loisaida festival then going to see my best friend spin fire at an art event party in Brooklyn so I shall switch bags so i can take better pics. THE THINGS I DO FOR YOU PEOPLE!
I hung out on east 9th between C and D last night for a bit at the new Loisaida Inc building and community center and took a few pics of banners being painted by my friends and some of the people getting ready for the Loisaida festival on Sunday which is going to be huge. It's a cool space with really nice people running it and I'm so happy it is there. These people really remember the old neighborhood and the space is dedicated to that.
I also went by the final night of East Village Radio on 1st ave and heard them spin the final song in the pouring rain with about 25 other people. It was You Can'T Put Your Arms Around A Memory by Johnny Thunders and it was followed by a depressing silence as one more beloved thing bites the dust in the hood. Still, it was nice to be with people who care about the EV. It made NY1 today I saw when I turned on my TV set.
So here are some blurry pics and I will have better stuff up later this week. There are tons of things happening in the LES and East Village this week and since I leave in July I will try to hit as many of them as I can! Pics are out of order cause I gotta get going...going..going...






No comments:

Post a Comment