Wednesday, October 22, 2014

So far I do not hate the fact that WINTER IS COMING!







I have no "seasonal depression" or whatever it is people call it when I can't stand to be freezing my ass off when I am outside and the air is actually painful on my face. I really hate winter and it's not actually winter nor is it cold out yet really but usually right after Halloween I begin buying lotto tickets dreaming about spending 3 months in Maui...John and I spent one month there years ago and we loved it.
AnySnot, my point is there is lots of good shit going on for me this fall and winter so I hope the good feeling lasts. Been going to a lot of parties and mics and shows which is why my head is killing me right now. Have vague memories of grabbing my friend Emleigh's boob and then dancing around at Coal Yard Bar. Ow.
The top pic is part of that NYC 30 years ago project and is a pic of 7th and Avenue A hanging on a pole by 7th and A. How is that for meta? Then there is a rally for the neighborhood gardens going on in Tompkins. John had that day off work so we did jokingly celebrate The Sweetest Day and I think we are the only people in NYC who did. Further down you can admire John TRYING to play Ms. Pacman at Barcade on St Marks that night...and the wonderful hobo clown I bought for him.
John's book, a huge coffee table one full of old band pics with a CD insert of some of the old bands music and our music as well is set to be proposed to Abrams Comic Arts Publishing next week and that is fucking huge. Charlie Kochman, who put out The Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and My Friend Dahmer and so much more is going over John's proposal to try to sell it to Abrams soon and if this goes through I will die from joy. It's a great book John put together and he was set to put it out himself but Abrams is awesome and huge. His book could wind up everywhere with our music in it. Holy shit. HOLY SHIT! Well, fingers crossed! Life is exciting and I guess thats why I don't care about winter this year. YET.
I only hope it sells as well as that Little House cookbook did! What a bargain!
All kinds of Halloween fun coming up soon...starting with my friend Erin spinning fire at a show in BK this weekend. I love this time of year. Halloween is going to last four freaking days. Yip!

No comments:

Post a Comment