Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Dismantling of Rev Jen's Troll Museum










https://youtu.be/E3qGGDNF7Ns


So LES icon Reverend Jen was forcibly AND illegally evicted from her apartment today which was also the home of the Troll Museum which had hundreds of troll dolls in it that she has been collecting for decades now. I went over there at around 2pm and things were already getting bagged up and brought down the 6th floor walkup by many of her friends. I helped out and also grabbed a few things I will hold for her as she goes to court July 20th to fight this insanity.
Vanishing New York has the story up so I am just going to link to that and let these photos speak for themselves. I uploaded one video of friends helping her pack and bring her stuff down to the streets. Since it's the Rev we had some fun hearing about crazy parties she had had there but for the most part it was very sad. Another part of the LES is gone today. 
Here is the OFFICIAL STORY.

1 comment:

  1. I used to see Jen all the time in her various stints hosting events on the Lower East Side. I feel really bad for her and hope she can qualify for some kind of low income housing or assistance. She sure has earned it.

    Hang in there Jen!

    ReplyDelete