Wednesday, September 28, 2016

It's almost SLUTTY HALLOWEEN TIME!

Christ on a Crutch this month went by fast! A part of me still feels like I am in France I think. Have some kind of flu thing going on right now and John and I have tickets to see the new Nick Kroll play on Broadway "Oh Hello!" so I must rest until then. The weather is sucky anyway and I have a busy October going on so it's kinda nice to catch up on movies and be home for a few days. John is being tolerant of me alternately watching NOT MY DAUGHTER on the Lifetime Network and Torture Puke Chamber on youtube which is pretty funny if you love disgusting shit like I do. Waiting on some big news that may happen Friday too so I am happy to lay on the couch and make John wait on me until October.











So many pics of absolutely nothing at all! Well, that sexy woman is my mom posing with a menorah at our old house in queens long ago. She looks the same now and is like 70 so that's good for me I think!
I took some pics of  Circus Amok when they performed at Tompkins last week. It was smaller than usual with less acrobatics but still fun and lots of kids were there having a blast. My friends son kept running in front of them grabbing at the costumes which was cracking me up.
"Que Sera Sera"...if I were smart I would touch that pic up and frame it and sell it and be rich. Instead I will post it here. I just liked that he was passed out so perfectly under that graffiti. City is actually pretty sickening lately with K2 and heroin everywhere. Seeing just a regular old drunk guy passed out is a relief. I have zero tolerance for dope or K2 or whatever is the trend these days. I see someone nodding out I feel physically ill.
Anyway, there's some skateboarder jumping over stuff, some anti-trump posters that are everywhere now, and some other graffiti I like on east 9th.
Then my friend Jen spotted a real tree hugger on Avenue A! She looks like she just came from yoga and was high on life. Or just did some K2. Or heroin. Or both?
I always forget to promote my own band on here but John's solo album is out and it comes with that huge poster where I look like a midget! I am on the album along with many others like Pat Conte, and Eli Smith and Robert Crumb...it's some hillbilly stuff John likes way more than I so I opted out and he just recorded a session with a group of folks at jalopy, recorded it, and put it out on our label. Came out great! I love it and the Crumb cover is one of the best he's ever done for us!
That dog pillow scared the shit out of me on 9th street...I actually jumped when I saw it. And the last two pics are the artist Theresa Byrnes performing as part of the LUNGS fest at La Plaza there other day. She is amazing. She got hefted out of her wheelchair which she needs due to a rare nervous system disease and was "married" to the earth as she went higher up into the trees. Theresa is a great painter, writer and has a beautiful son too. She has accomplished more than most people do who have no afflictions and I love her to death.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the house in France if you hear about it today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAD to pop over here to THANK-YOU for the "angel gets her period" line.
    MADE the weekend......WHY aren't you Queen Of The World?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEST pic of your mom taken ever. Fucking Noble prize shit here eden love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I think The Mom may be Queen of the World guys. I got enough crazies in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that crumb poster! Any for sale on your eBay? I couldn't find any. You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete