Thursday, December 1, 2016

Tribute to Mosaic Man Jim Power today at Astor Place! New POLES!

Today there was a very sweet and touching AND packed tribute to Jim Power who does all the amazing mosaics on the poles and stuff around the east village and has for the past three decades. Did I mention POLES? Sorry I just like the word POLE a lot!
This month is so busy and crazy for me I cannot even begin to describe it but I did meet up with a friend and took some pics and videos of Councilwoman Rosie Mendez, photographer Clayton Patterson and poet Bob Holman speaking about Jim and what his art has contributed to the hood and also got a speech from Jim himself and the unveiling of two new mosaic poles.
It was a very good turnout for a cold night and there were lots of press people there so I am sure there are some far better pics up of this all so I only took a few and stuck to videos. Ran into some people I haven't seen for a while and it was just a really nice tribute for Jim all around and well deserved. Parts of this event were also hilarious of course and my stomach hurt from laughing for an hour straight. I have some other stuff to post from a great comedy show I went to the other night but eh...I go to tons of those all the time and this was quite a scene!
Anyhoser, here is the stuffs!









1 comment:

  1. I think you need to see this:

    https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhiteHouseExitPranks?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw



    ReplyDelete